I have another blog that I try and keep light hearted and less political/religiously opinionated. I wrote a post this morning that seemed to fit on that blog, but as I finished it, it appeared to have grown into something that could fit on this blog too.
It's an idea I had last night (probably not original, but it struck me pretty hard). It's a political thing, but I don't think it fits into the Republican/Democrat dichotomy. I think it is more of an idea to do with the American people, and how we have defined our nation in the past.
Rather than rehash it here, I would encourage you to read it on my other blog, and post your comments and opinions over there as well. I'm hoping this may spur some good constructive thought, and perhaps play a small part in getting us back on track to where we need to be. Unless of course I am up in the night - In which case, I welcome any comments which may help knock some sense into me.
I have an Hypothesis
I think you're absolutely right about what constitutes the greatness of America, and the value of visionary leadership. That's why I'm an Obama fan. We excelled in the Space Race because Kennedy inspired us to accomplish that, and we could excel in so many other ways, too, if we'd set our mind to that.
ReplyDeleteI was a little reluctant to bring the current presidential race into it, since I have some very pro McCain readers, and I wanted to get their opinions on it - But I think most of them only read the other blog...
ReplyDeleteAs I finished writing though, I came to that conclusion as well - I'm very pro small government, and for that reason among other (like I value integrity!) there's no way McCain/Palin are getting my vote.
I see Obama as the candidate that has a vision for a brighter future, and McCain as the guy whose afraid of the past. It ties in nicely with your posting on Love and Fear very nicely!
Thanks for chiming in!!