Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Gratitude

This isn't the post I had planned for today, but have no fear... That one should be written and posted in the next 12 hours or so.

I don't know exactly why I blog. Part of it may be to vent, and part of it might be because I'm a closet exhibitionist. Whatever the reasons, the net benefit over the past few days has been overwhelmingly positive.

I'm not sure if I need to apologize or not, but if my anger yesterday offended any of those who read this blog, I do hope you won't hold it against me. I've found that at times such as these, my life enters an emotional roller coaster, and changes from one minute to the next, sometimes from one extreme to the complete opposite.

As I've begun sharing my experiences this week, particularly what is currently evolving and the experiences which have led me to this point...

Well I don't know where I want to go with that line of thinking, but here's the ultimate result... I awoke this morning filled with gratitude for those of you who are following me through this part of my life. The outpouring of support both here and on Facebook and email, has not been entirely unexpected, but at the same time it has far exceeded those expectations.

I cannot thank enough those who have voiced support, posted blogs (Thanks Bowie!) and sent notes, comments and emails empathizing with the situation and offering both a listening ear and a advice.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

5 comments:

  1. Nice post UK but this is what I heard:

    "Welcome to the 11:00 News. THERE MAY BE A SERIAL KILLER IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD! That story next but first, here's a look at a skateboarding squirrel. Ahhhhh....."

    LOL. Just messing with you bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't consider that angle... ROTFLMAO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I corrected the spelling of your name on my blog. "Kona", what was I thinking? Maybe I was thinking about mountain bikes. he he he

    Koda, we're here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto what Bowie said! ; )

    And might I add what the Very Wise Man in my life pointed out to me during a similar time, when people come out of the woodwork to circle the wagons and pick you up and touch your life so deeply that it's hard to fully express...

    THAT'S where God is, and that's how we feel His love.

    clink

    P.S. Feel free to insert any other deities or non-deities or atheist expressions of the common human experience where I said "God"... I'm not attached to the theology of it, just the spirit! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clink! Couldn't agree more about God and Thanks!

    Bowie... Probably some good mountain bikes, and for triathletes, the name is almost sacred! What do I mean almost though... It totally is... Kona is Mecca for a triathlete!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me how you really feel!