I got tagged by Reina over at We Were Going to Be Queens to give a list of my 10 favorite things...
In no particular order...
1. My wife
I literally went around the world to find her. She was one of my very best friends first, and remains as such. Few people would put up with my crap like she does, for which I am eternally grateful.
2. My kids
Before I continue... 5 is too many!!! Of course with that said, I have no idea which I would pick if I were only to get to know a couple of them. They each have unique little personalities and quirks, and none of them are quite like the others. Nothing beats a loud chorus of "DAD!!!" as I come through the door at the end of the day.
3. Running
I ran in High School, and never liked it, and then I got married and got fat. I started running in 2007, and it wasn't until late September in 2008 that it finally clicked. Not only do I like the endorphin rush, but running has allowed me to see parts of the world which many others don't.
4. Triathlon
It's a little different from running... kind of. I did my first tri in 2007, and I've been addicted ever since. I'm in an age group where everyone is real competitive, and so ultimately, I just race against myself. I love how the training allows me to push myself and break through barriers. Race day is the reward. Nothing beats the feeling of sprinting from the water to your bike, or dealing with the 'stick up the butt' feeling when you get off the bike and start running. And the finish line... Like crossing into Heaven!
5. Food
Perhaps the reason I'm not as good at endurance racing as I could be is food. I love food! And racing lets me eat about as much as I want. From Peanut M&M's and Milky Ways to Mango, Pineapple, Strawberry and Blueberry, to succulent steak, grilled chicken and deep fried Calamari. Mmmmmmmmmmm!
6. Blogging
My reasons for blogging have changed since I started 3 years ago, but the enjoyment I get from it remains the same. There is something with being able to create something, and share it with the world. It's even better when other people read and respond to your writing.
7. Music
I got 2 bootleg tapes when I was in 9th grade. Vanilla Ice and Roxette. I think that within a month or two, I'd listened so much, the quality of the recordings was seriously compromised. I love music and pretty much any type. Perhaps it's the beat, the rhythms, melodies, or just the appreciation that someone has the talent to create something so beautiful. I'm typing to Matisyahu right now, but from Metallia to Il Divo, Eminem to Styx.
8. This World
Even after living on this planet as long as I have, I'm still frequently struck speechless by the beauty of the world around me. Birds, animals, plants and just the awesomeness of the mountains, oceans and plains... WOW!!
9. Freedom
I'm still learning what it is, and just how much I have, but if you have followed this blog very long, you know I yearn for it.
10. Connections
I'm a shy person, and I struggle getting out of my comfort zone, but if I meet someone new and feel a connection with that person on any level is just amazing. It's great online, and it's even greater in person.
I could probably go on for another 50 or so, but there is blue sky beckoning and a new day dawning.
I'm supposed to tag 10 people as well, but I'm not sure how many of my regular visitors haven't already been tagged, so how about...
If you read this and want to be tagged, shoot me a comment or something and we can make it official.
Or if you happen to be a lurker, and would prefer to remain such... Just make your own list of your 10 favorite things.
OK... The official Tag List:
Loren at Slightly Moderated Stream of Consciousness
Great list!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to see this is making the rounds of the Outer Blogness community -- I hope others will take the challenge!
I will play
ReplyDeleteThis is why I don't use my blogger name or link to my blog, since now you don't really know who to tag for these sorts of things.
ReplyDeleteJust kidding, my blog is entirely different subject matter and not relevant enough to be worth linking through my comments here.