It's kind of a stupid thing, but I'll post it anyway...
Our neighborhood does the Boo thing every year. Basically you get Boo'd when someone leaves a treat on your doorstep, and a picture of a ghost. You make two copies of the ghost, make 2 treats and then leave them on two other doorsteps.
The point of the ghost is that you put it up, so people can see that you've been Boo'd. And so you don't get Boo'd again.
Getting Boo'd is kind of a pain, but...
This year, everyone on our street and neighborhood got Boo'd. Except us.
It's kind of like getting picked last for a game that you don't really want to play.
We didn't really want to play the Boo game, but still the fact that we seem to have been singled out to not participate smarts a little.
Each day we are getting more and more ready to move away from Mormon Central...
Find me a job in your state, and I'm willing to toss in the following:
Free Tech Support for all your electronic devices.
Free motivation to get out an exercise - Swimming, Running, Biking, or whatever you want.
New neighbors with tons of awesome kids.
We're working on plans for when we do move to try and reach out to our neighbors, and hopefully avoid the crappy position we're in now.
Yeah -- definitely does not sound like a healthy and pleasant neighborhood for you and Mrs. Koda. I hated the Boo thing in Mormon Central. Hated it and even let it die at least once (someone has to kill it, right?). I actually found it a tad offensive that my neighbors had no problem gleefully imposing on me when I had no such thing as leisure time between working, going to school, raising kids, etc.
ReplyDeleteI will surely keep my eyes peeled for any openings in Tech Support here in wicked (awesome) Park City.
Thanks Cog Dis!!
ReplyDeleteI'm actually looking for more of a Web Developer type position, but I did tech support for years, and that seems to be what friends and neighbors need the most!
We didn't get Boo'd either. I was a bit taken back when I took the kids out trick-or-treating and saw that the non-members, the one inactive family on our street and even the lesbians next door had been. Apparently I'm TOO active??? It might be that I let it die last year, but we got it right before Halloween and I didn't see anyone without the ghost in the window near by . . .
ReplyDeleteHey Emily - They might be intimidated... "Can't Boo her house coz she's so awesome with the decorations and whatnot, and our treat would simply pale in comparison"
ReplyDeleteHow about next year, on October 1st, we'll Boo you and you can Boo us, and then we'll both have ghosts and the rest of our neighbors can stick it! I should add the Boo would included the phrase
"You've been boo'ed and have not reason or obligation to pass it on, in fact if you do, the ghost of disrespecting the non-progressive Boo will haunt you for 1 year."
Confession... I let it drop at work this year. But I got kind of a lame treat, and I think I may have been one of the last to get booed as well, and... Given the way it's supposed to explode toward the end, I figured the one or two missing ghosts would have been booed the next day anyway.
Wow, am I the only one who thinks this sounds really silly? How childish can you get? Skipping a house like a high school clique of mean girls. haha.
ReplyDeleteNo Carla, I think we all think that...
ReplyDeleteOf course it may be simply a case of no-one noticing, or assumed we've already been boo'd. I've found myself really paranoid since I left, but... At the same time, having been one of those uber-active mormons, I know how they think, and what they're thinking and saying about me.
It is bothering me less and less these days though.
We didn't get boo'ed either, but I didn't notice if anyone else on the street did or not. I have a habit of driving down the street and not actually turning my head to notice my surroundings. Our neighborhood usually has done this in the past and it was kind of hit and miss whether we got it or not. We have never been the "popular kids" of the ward. Ehhh...whatever.
ReplyDeleteI like your idea. I think our ghost should say something like, "This is the ultimate supreme BOO. Your regular BOO can suck it!" JK :)
ReplyDelete@Emily... I like it!!
ReplyDelete@TGW... Whatever was kind of my reaction as well, but I think it kind of sucked for the wife and kids. Of course the kids didn't seem to care either.