Monday, July 12, 2010

Following Orders

I've read a number of posts on other blogs, talking about war, and upon whose hands the blood falls. One of the arguments often made by people (often Christians and/or Mormons) is that while under orders of their commanding officer, that any blood is then transferred onto the CO's hands.

Which if you follow that logic, means that Mr. Bush has a hell of a lot to answer for! Actually even if you don't follow that logic, he has a lot to answer for, but I digress...

This whole mindless war machine took an interesting turn when Mr. Obama was elected.

Here you have a bunch of men, who often invoke the 'Just following orders' protocol, and yet, one of these men (a friend of mine), posted a whole long thing on Facebook last week, about how... Mr. Obama -- an officer who severely outranks him -- is full of shit, and he didn't stop there either. He's a liar, has fabricated his past, and as he surrounds the nations capital with thousands of terrorists, he too is a terrorist.

I think this was all inspired by the reports that the federal government is looking into Arizona's new immigrations laws to see if they are consitutional or not.

They're not, and the Tea Party folks should all be against them too. But for many folks, it's not about right / wrong, constitutional or not. Its simply about forwarding a very evil and bloodthirsty agenda, and getting upset when someone questions that.

4 comments:

  1. What is (or is not) 'Constitutional' is not determined by you or I. It is determined by 9 people in black robes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about we go 9 people in black robes in are indirectly representative of the general population...

    From my perspective however, and you are free to agree or disagree. The new immigration laws appear to be contrary to the 4th Amendment, and what makes it worse... I who up until a year ago should probably have been pulled over and checked would not have been, but a 4th generation Latino would be - purely due to race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dbd

    Have you read the Constitution lately? Not only can Congress create laws that exclude the Supreme Court from even looking at, but the 9th and 10th Amendments and the concept of nullification allow the States to overturn ANY federal law, constitutional or not, within that State.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suspect dbd may have actually run afoul of the same thing I sometimes do...

    I realized this after my response last night.

    I suspect he may have been employing sarcasm to make a point...

    Of course I could be wrong, and I think it fairly obvious that I need to be doing some more reading of the constitution myself.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me how you really feel!